The menu offers the best of both worlds – Christmas and parts of our normal menu and you can choose two or three courses as always. Whether you are coming for a pre-Christmas outing or a lunch with friends or family we trust you will enjoy the delicious dishes the Chefs have prepared.
• Chef’s Home-Made Soup of the Day
• Salad of Roasted Butternut Squash, Blue cheese, Walnut, Beetroot Chips, Sage Dressing
• Smoked Duck Breast with a Beetroot and Pomegranate Salad with Red Wine and Plum Puree
• Mixed Melon and Prawns bound in Lightly Spiced Marie Rose Sauce
(If you wish only Melon or Prawns, please advise your server)
• Haggis Wellington with Clapshot Puree, Tomato, Mustard Seed and Caramelised Onion Relish (available with Vegetarian Haggis)
• Smoked Salmon and Caper Terrine, Lemon Cream Cheese Mousse, Hand-Made Oatcakes
• Roast East Lothian Turkey with all the Trimmings
• Slow Braised Blade of John Gilmour’s Border Beef, Caramelised Shallots, Carrot Puree, Fondant Potatoes, Whole Grain Jus
• Pan-Fried Salmon Fillet with White Wine Cream Sauce, Hassel Back Potatoes, Spinach and Cauliflower Puree
• Breast of Gosford Estate Chicken Stuffed with Haggis, wrapped in Smoked Bacon served with Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Creamed Cracked Green Peppercorn, Wild
• Chestnut Mushrooms and Spinach
• 8oz Border Beef Sirloin Steak served with Battered Onion Rings, Roasted Plum Tomato, Mash OR New Potatoes OR Hand-Cut Chips with a choice of Blue Cheese Sauce, Sauce Diane or Green peppercorn Sauce (Supplement £4.95)
• Sweet Potato, Red Pepper Chickpea Fritter, Spiced Celeriac and Radish Salad, Cherry Tomato Salsa
• Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce
• Brioche Bread and Butter Pudding, Whisky Caramel, Honey Ice Cream
• Chocolate and Drambuie Crème Brulee with Orange Shortbread
• Winter Berry Cheesecake served with Fruit of the Forest Ice Cream
• Selection of Doddington’s Ice Cream or Sorbet
• Selection of Scottish Cheese, Christmas Chutney and Hand-Made Oatcakes
• Filter Coffee or Tea and Mini Mince Pie
Glass of Mulled Wine with Mince Pie on Arrival; Glass of Open Arms Fizz before or with dinner; (Both of the above will be served to your room if we are not allowed to sell alcohol in the restaurant); Three Course Dinner (see menu opposite) inclusive of Tea or Filter Coffee; Bed and Breakfast
£165.00 per room (two people sharing) £110.00 for single accommodation
Stay a further night Dinner, Bed and Breakfast for £135.00 per room (two people sharing.) £95.00 single accommodation.
WE ARE CLOSED EACH SUNDAY FROM 5.00 P.M. AND EVERY
MONDAY AND TUESDAY BETWEEN 1-24 DECEMBER. WE OPEN
AT 10.00 A.M. EACH WEDNESDAY.
The full hotel closes on Christmas Eve at 3.00 p.m.;
On Christmas Day at 4.00 p.m. and is closed all day on Boxing
Day and Sunday 27 December.
Should unforeseen circumstances arise, menu content may vary.